Lutheran Men in Mission Ambassador Expectations
LMM’s Vision: For every man to become a bold, daring follower of Jesus Christ.
LMM’s Mission: By God’s grace, to intentionally disciple men by personally modeling the character of Jesus by living and leading a lifestyle intended to help transform them from the current consumer culture into a culture of naturally loving and serving our neighbors.
Ambassadors volunteer themselves or are recruited by the LMM Director of Networking/Communication or individual men’s ministry in their geographical areas. Ambassadors have direct communication with the LMM Director of Networking/Communications.
- The LMM Ambassador is committed to:
- Prayerfully seeking God’s Guidance in fulfilling his duties.
- Supporting LMM financially and encouraging others to do the same.
- Committed to and living the LMM Mission and Vision.
- Maintaining knowledge and awareness of LMM’s on-going activities by reading the Foundations newsletter, reviewing postings on the LMM website and/or other social media, correspondence with the LMM Director of Networking/Communications, and participating in synodical and/or regional LMM events.
- The Ambassador is responsible for:
- Attending and participating in all LMM Annual Meetings and disseminating and advocating those meetings to the men in his geographical area.
- Being an active participant in the men’s ministry in his respective geographical area.
- Building a rapport with men in their geographical area.
- Be an advocate in national LMM events and activities (One Year to Live; High, Deep, and Wide; Come to the Waters; Building Men for Christ; etc.) in his geographical area.
- Ensuring that upcoming LMM events and information received from the LMM Director of Connections/Communications receive the widest communications through personal mailings, synod newsletters, synod websites, etc.
- Ensuring that matters in his geographical area that require the LMM Director of Networking/Communications’ attention are passed on to him.
- The Ambassador is:
- A volunteer with no term limits.
- Encouraged to recruit other ambassadors within his geographical area and neighboring geographical areas.